1. The first decision that has to be made is whether you will have one main life/work planner, or if you would prefer to keep separate life and work planners. I prefer one because I like to be able to have all my important dates and appointments on one calendar, but I do have separate work/personal sections built in. Many of my SLP friends prefer to keep their work planners separate.
2. The next thing you need to decide is what pages you would most use in a planner. I need to have a monthly calendar spread, as well as weekly pages for more specific notes. I also like to add in pages to help me keep track of IEP meetings, evals, and reports due each month. I also add in my school calendars. This year I will have 5 different district calendars to keep up with!
3. The last big decision is how you prefer to bind your planner together. Do you prefer spiral bound? Do you want to be able to add/remove pages during the year? Maybe a three ring binder would be a good option for you. There are many different binding options, and most are fairly inexpensive to have done at your local office store. I always take mine to an office store to have it spiral bound.
Now...where to look for the best SLP planner for you? Teachers Pay Teachers of course! Quite a few of my SLP friends have created beautiful and functional SLP planners. The best part of theses planners is that they have been created by SLPs. The prices are great, too!
Last year I actually purchased two different SLP planners and merged them into one. I selected the pages I liked best from each and added my district calendars and contact info page. I enjoyed being able to customize my planner, and I spent less than $15 on the entire thing!
This year I made the leap to an Erin Condren planner. I love the vertical weekly format with three sections. I use one for work, one for personal, and one for TPT/blogging. Her planners are on the pricey side, but you can use my referral code and get $10 your first order! Just click HERE
If you're not that thrilled about spending $$$ on an expensive planner, the following is a list of SLP planners sold on Teachers Pay Teachers. You're bound to find a style you love on this list, or you can purchase several and combine them!
No matter what kind of planner you choose, be sure to check out these awesome planner stickers from Kiwi Speech on Etsy. They are great for SLPs and teachers!
And Wilma Dean Trout has handmade planner accessories, too! Get them in her Etsy shop starting August 1.
Planners are listed in no particular order. Click on links to view descriptions and prices.
1. The Speech Attic - Editable SLP Planner
2. Speech Language Pirates - SLP Planner
3. The Speech Bubble - Organization and Data Planner
4. Crazy Speech World - SLP Planner
5. The Speech Owl - SLP Organization Packet
6. Kayla SLP - SLP Planner
7. Carissa Speelman - Simplified Speech Therapy Planner
8. Word of Mouth - Speech Planner
9. Doyle Speech Works - Ultimate Editable Speech Language Therapy Planner
10. Speaking Freely SLP - Life & Therapy Planner for SLPs
11. Busy Bee Speech - Speech Therapy Yearly Organizer & Planner
12. Sparklle SLP - SLP Planner
13. Speech to the Core - SLP Planner and Fillable Forms
14. Road to Speech - Ultimate SLP Planner (Editable)
15. Speech Wonderland - Editable Planner-Binder Covers/Forms for SLPs and Special Education Teachers
16. Super Power Speech - Super Planner
17. Beautiful Speech Life - SLP Like a Boss Planner